SKY+ to Plasma

Stuart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am currently using this SCART Sync Separartor to connect the 2 together. I was wondering if I would get an improved picture by using a direct S-video connection or the more expensive JS converter that I have seen mentioned.

I have a Toshiba 42" (The panny 5 series clone)

Can anyone please advise?

I am using the very same SCART Sync Separartor for connecting my Sky+ box to the VGA port on my Panasonic PWD6. I find the picture excellent, although obviously depending on which channel I'm watching. I am very happy with it.
This particular sync separator is also £70 cheaper than the JS box.

AV Junkie said:
I am currently using this SCART Sync Separartor to connect the 2 together. I was wondering if I would get an improved picture by using a direct S-video connection or the more expensive JS converter that I have seen mentioned.

I have a Toshiba 42" (The panny 5 series clone)

Can anyone please advise?
Welcome to the Forums. One slight problem - as you may notice, the user name you have chosen is remarkably similar to my own. Perhaps you might like to choose another?

One thing, I have found the JS box to have a much superior picture quality than the cheaper synch separators. (Of course it should be for the extra money!)

AV junky, I dont think its as easy as just choosing another name, He'd most likely have to get an admin to change the name for him. Anyway, do you have a copyright on it or something ;)

and he has had it for 20 months

That's still 4/5 months less than I've been using for, and you'll notice that my 'name-sake' has not exactly been an active poster during their time as a member.

And thanks, I am aware of the procedure necessary for changing the user name. I posted the message to give the member in question the chance to request that their name be changed themselves.

A member's user name is not just a log-in necessity, it's a name that regular users recognise. We all strive to develop a reputation as a valuable contributor to the Forums.

AV Junky said:
One slight problem - as you may notice, the user name you have chosen is remarkably similar to my own. Perhaps you might like to choose another?

I think you have a right cheek,why should he change? :thumbsdow

That's still 4/5 months less than I've been using for, and you'll notice that my 'name-sake' has not exactly been an active poster during their time as a member.

Well, obviously as you are so much more important than him (as you have been here a bit longer and made more posts) AV junkie should get his name changed right away :rolleyes:

Since when have these forums ranked members by order of importance based on number of posts and length of time registered? I have been registered for two months longer than AV junky, does that mean I am more important? :D

must be having a dull time in my life at the moment coz that was the funniest thing I've read on this forum in ages ...

Go on my son ....

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom