• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sky to plasma via dvd player, changed dvd player, now doesnt work!!

brad123

My mother has a plasma, a panny pw6/7 i think, we ran sky+ to it via her panasonic dvd recorder and component, so we had scart from sky to dvd player then component to plasma from dvd player, this worked fine, now the dvd player broke so i lent mine which has component out but for some reason its not working, anyone know why please.

spudgun01

Standard Member
brad123 said:
My mother has a plasma, a panny pw6/7 i think, we ran sky+ to it via her panasonic dvd recorder and component, so we had scart from sky to dvd player then component to plasma from dvd player, this worked fine, now the dvd player broke so i lent mine which has component out but for some reason its not working, anyone know why please.

Is your DVD a player or recorder?
If it's a recorder, check that the scart from Sky is going to the input scart of the recorder.
If it's a player, I think you're out of luck! As far as I'm aware the scart of a DVD player is output only - you can't use it as a throughput!

Hope this helps.

brad123

The dvd player was a recorder, a panasonic one, now its a cheapo compacks 5000 with 1 scart thats NOT a dvd recorder.

spudgun01

Standard Member
brad123 said:
The dvd player was a recorder, a panasonic one, now its a cheapo compacks 5000 with 1 scart thats NOT a dvd recorder.

That's your problem - I don't think you can pass through via a player - please correct me if I'm wrong!!!

HeweyBoy101

My old Sony DVD player had scart pass through for RGB. It had 2 scarts (one out,and one in/out). It worked fine. Not aware of any DVD players however that can take a scart RGB in and output to component (this would require transcoding of the signal, rather than simply pass through).

Cheapo DVD players with one scart are a nonstarter though.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom