1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky+ to Pioneer 220S

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by thejudge, Nov 1, 2004.

1. thejudge

thejudge
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Could someone enlighten me on the best way to connect my Sky+ box to my New Pioneer DVR-220S DVD Recorder.

At the moment i have the AV output of my Sky+ box going to the AV input on the 220S and then the output from the 220S to my TV. I've daisy chained them as my TV has only 1 RGB input.

Set up this way it leaves the VCR scart on the Sky+ box not connected to anything. Will i still be able to use the copy function to backup my Sky+ recordings or does the VCR scart output need to go to the 220S?

2. bobcar

bobcar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Copy causes the signal to go to both scarts, the only advantage of copy is to concatanate several programs into one. You've connected it up correctly for best quality (I assume your DVDR has RGB in) as the VCR scart doesn't have RGB out. The only minor downside is that you can't record off terrestrial to your DVD whilst watching Sky but since you have Sky+ why would you want to do that anyway.

3. thejudge

thejudge
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    will the copy function tell my DVD Recorder to stop recording once the program has finished?

4. bobcar

bobcar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    There's no such signal via the TV scart. This may be possible via the VCR scart, I don't know. However you know the exact length anyway and you have to start the copy manually so it shouldn't be to difficult to set the record length manually, that's what I always do with my Panny.