1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky+ to Pioneer 220S

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by thejudge, Nov 1, 2004.

1. thejudge

thejudge
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Could someone enlighten me on the best way to connect my Sky+ box to my New Pioneer DVR-220S DVD Recorder.

At the moment i have the AV output of my Sky+ box going to the AV input on the 220S and then the output from the 220S to my TV. I've daisy chained them as my TV has only 1 RGB input.

Set up this way it leaves the VCR scart on the Sky+ box not connected to anything. Will i still be able to use the copy function to backup my Sky+ recordings or does the VCR scart output need to go to the 220S?

2. scotty38

scotty38

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Should be just fine as it is.

3. thejudge

thejudge
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I haven't actually tried it out yet but i didn't want to waste a disc if it definately wasn't goping to work.

Will the recorder automatically stop recording once the program is recorded or will it have to be stopped manually?

4. scotty38

scotty38

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    If you just start the recorder recording it will keep going until it's recorded 5h59m59s, unless you stop it yourself. Well that's what the HDD version that I have does. I guess if you are recording straight to dvd then it will stop after it has written the max amount to the disc depending on your settings.

5. thejudge

thejudge
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was hoping that the recorder would recognize rthat the signal from the Sky+ box has changed. This was just so i could start the recorder off copying overnight whilst not having to record a full disc.

6. scotty38

scotty38

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    If I record something to the hdd that's say 2 hours long using the copy function I end up with approx 4 hours of whatever the last selected channel was broadcasting (I assume the EPG times out after a while) once the copy has finished. That's because my max record time is 6hours. I'm assuming the same will happen when recording to DVD albeit for less time after the copy has finished. If you set the recorder using the timer then that should cure the problem.

7. thejudge

thejudge
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cheers thanks for the help :thumbsup: