Sky+ to PC

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by jeffws1, Apr 3, 2005.

1. jeffws1

jeffws1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anybody know how to connect sky+ to a PC and if it is possible to record/copy programmes from sky+ to PC.

I would like to burn some things I have recorded onto DVD for future veiwing.

2. David PluggedIn

David PluggedIn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Hi Jeff

There is a whole heap of information on the HTPC forum , if you have a search for SweetSpot that gives you all you need to know.
    Basically depending on your quality requirements you can do it very cheaply (£25) up to a few hundred pounds for bit perfect copies.

anything you need then just drop us a line directly..

3. Big_Vern

Big_Vern

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    David's right, I think it does come down to how much you want to spend. I have Winfast VC100XP hooked up to my Sky box which is probably the cheapest capture card on the market (Ebuyer are knocking them out for about £20) and I'm pretty happy with the results.

One thing to look out for if you are not going down the Sweetspot route and that is an S-Video output from your Sky+ box. If you do not have this then you are stuck with composite video into your chosen capture card which will not give you very good picture quality. Certainly some of the Sky+ boxes have S-Video but I'm not sure whether they all do.

With the VC100XP card I have managed to burn films recorded from Sky Movies to DVD with more than acceptable results.

Regards

Dave

4. jeffws1

jeffws1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your replies.

Food for thought. :)

Jeff