Sky to PC, or just DVD/HDD recorder?

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Frazal666, Dec 31, 2004.

1. Frazal666

Frazal666

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello everybody. First, I would like to say happy new year, and hope that everyone will be safe and happy. Second, I would like to ask if there is a way of transferring the sky+ data onto my PC, so that I can burn DVD's and put them onto my phone. If not, is there any way of transferring data from a HDD Recorder to the PC? Maybe via USB? If not that, does it matter what recordings a DVD Recorder makes? Like + or -? I really want any info on how to do this. I have no video in on my PC, but I cannot wait 2 months until I get my new laptop. Please help...Thanks

2. David PluggedIn

David PluggedIn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
  3. Frazal666

Frazal666

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think I have the right video card. On my PC Box, it says Intel Direct 3D AGP. Does it matter if I dont use the advanced DScaler* image enhancement options? My computer only has 1.1GHZ (Yes, you heard me, thats why I want, nah need a new PC), so it just scrapes the minimum. Thanks for the info. :thumbsup:

4. David PluggedIn

David PluggedIn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Hi

Its a tough call to know if you would have enough power to record to disc with that setup. If recording is your main objective then the video card on your PC is not too important as you would only use a small preview window. Also, if you plan to use a laptop then you will need a USB solution, which limits you in terms of quality (SVideo at best).

best regards

5. Frazal666

Frazal666

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I looked at some happauge ones, they seem qiute good for the price (£30-£60), and it is a USB one. Not the best quliaty, but I think I will live with it. ANyway, I will be watching on my phone quite often, so it doesnt really matter. Thanks anyway, and I wish the best of '05 for you. :thumbsup: :clap:

6. David PluggedIn

David PluggedIn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Ah, well if you are watching on a phone then yes you can get away with pretty much anything!
    all the best