1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky+ to JVC DVD recorder - possible?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Faust, Aug 5, 2005.

1. Faust

Faust

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Can anyone help with this query? A work colleague has asked if they are able to copy from Sky+ onto their JVC DVD recorder. However, my colleague did not know the model number of the JVC, only that it's -Ram -RW and was either the first or second model that JVC introduced to the market. My colleague seems to think that the JVC may not have an RGB scart which is why he was wondering how he could copy from Sky+ to the JVC. I have the Panasonic E30 which does support RGB so I could not help him. His set up is a TV, Sky+ and the JVC.

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,203
    The JVC doesn't support RGB input - so he will need to use S-Video or Composite. The former is preferred and can be connected by using the S-Video socket and left/right audio outputs on the Sky+ to the Scart input on the JVC. This will give decent recording quality.

Alternatively he could just connect his DVD recorder to the VCR output on Sky+ (Scart to Scart) and record that way. This will be in video (composite) though so quality won't be great.