1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky+ to Hitachi 42PD3000

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by wing.rider, Jan 3, 2004.

1. wing.rider

wing.rider

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    I'm having Sky+ installed in the next couple of weeks and I am still trying to figure out the best way to connect it up to my Hitachi 42PD3000 plasma. I want to make sure I have bought the right leads in advance so that I do not have to rely on whatever the Sky engineer plugs in.
    I reckon I am going to use the optical out straight to my Sony DAV-SC5 for the audio, so my question is what is the recommended solution to get the picture from the Sky+ box direct to the TV tuner?
    The Hitachi has 3 x Scart inputs (1 x S-VHS and 2 x RGB) 1 x Component input and 1 x VGA
    From what I can see from the downloaded manual the Sky+ has 2 x Scart and 1 x S-video outputs.
    Any suggestions as to which way I should go?

2. fuzzybee

fuzzybee
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +72
    Easy peasy lemon squeasy :hiya:

Optical out from sky+ box straight into your amp(obviously) and either use the AV2 or AV3 scart inputs on the tuner box as they are RGB enabled(AV1 is composite/s-video)
    I assume you are going to still have a vcr so connect the vcr's scart output to AV1, the sky+ scart output to AV2/3 on the tuner box and the sky+ other nscart output to your vcr.
    So you need a optical cable for the sky+ sound and three scart cables :smashin:

3. wing.rider

wing.rider

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Thanks for that, that's about what I figured. I'm not going to incorporate a VCR and I am assuming I don't need to Scart from Sky+ to Sony DVD/Amp all in one (just the optical connection) - just Scart it straight into the other RGB enabled tuner Scart input for my DVD's.
    So just got to buy a couple of decent Scarts and an optical cable and wait for the Sky+ to turn up.

Thanks again for your help.