Sky + To HD Offer...What is it ?

topgazza

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've tried several times on the Sky website but I can't seem to select an upgrade from Sky+ to Sky HD...free for £10 a month for HD AND £15 self install.It only seems to offer me the £60 setup...is it just me being dense ?

Oh and it keeps forcing me to have multi room which I don't want and can't seem to deselect and I have to go around the houses to try and just have the HD box upgrade. What a frustrating web site

Last edited:
Frustrating is right.
Take your courage in both hands and call them instead - you might get a good agent first time.

I've tried several times on the Sky website but I can't seem to select an upgrade from Sky+ to Sky HD...free for £10 a month for HD AND £15 self install...

And, if you take multi-room as well - is how I read it.

Last time this offer came around, the deal replaced your Sky+ with Sky HD providing you took the HD subscription at £10 per month. You could opt to keep the Sky+ as well if you took multiroom. However, my situation was I had a HD box and a Sky+ box with multiroom, but no HD sub.Sky refused to upgrade the Sky+ to HD foc even though I volunteered to take the HD sub as well on the groundds I already had an HD box.

Anyone know if I can get the HD box this time round?

Thanks Guys...Neil in the small, very small print on the Sky HD page at the top where the big add is its states that for self install the fee is only £15. But doesn't seem to state it elsewhere. I do question why they are charging me for doing the work myself but I digress.

But I agree that at first glance it looks ambiguous...at best. Hence my annoyance. They actually make it harder to get the best deal for you...wonder why. Still, I'm long overdue moving to HD... I get a great Sky SD picture to be fair and the Freeview on my Sony TV is just stunning so I haven't felt the need. But with more channels and the bigger hard drive its seems about time.

topgazza: I am just reading the adverts in the paper...........

I know..they seem to tell a different story depending on where you read it. I'll just give them a call tomorrow and confirm. If anyones interested heres the link to the Sky page for box upgrades...the tiny small print is under the bid ad at the top

http://www.sky.com/shop/boxes/

"Standard setup for existing customers is £60.£15 for Sky customers selecting self setup"

Wouldn't mind if the option to self select was on the choose or checkout pages

I have an hd box here with no hd sub,in the post today came an offer for a free hd box, free self set up, and first 50 days of the hd pack free.
I dont know if they would want a delivery charge on that,it is not mentioned.Phone number 08442411409 if you want to ring and say you have had the offer.

I have an hd box here with no hd sub,in the post today came an offer for a free hd box, free self set up, and first 50 days of the hd pack free.
I dont know if they would want a delivery charge on that,it is not mentioned.Phone number 08442411409 if you want to ring and say you have had the offer.

check the small print on the offer, it will say 'not available to existing HD households'

In my case theres no harm in trying...thank you

I too wanted the self install HD box and the only option seemed to be the £60setup fee on the website and the offer for £15 self install did not appear until near the end of the checkout process where it asks if you want it installed by engineer or self install.

Be brave:D

Ah... I had a little suspician that might be the case...always scared to go to far with a Sky checkout in case they clear my life savings out....

Thanks for that...question answered

I tried to bluff them with the offer sent to my daughter for 3 months half price movies and sports, they told me i had not been sent the offer, i asked to be transfered to cancellations only to be offered 6 months half price on movies/sports and my 1 package (+HD) without 12 month tie in, my subs dropped from £37.50 to 31.50 for Dec and then £33 from Jan.
In my case theres no harm in trying...thank you

I had a letter from Sky on Monday offering me a free Sky+HD box, free self set-up and the HD pack free for 50 days. The offer ends on December 17th so perhaps other Sky+ subscribers will get a similar offer in the next few weeks.
Hopefully, the box should arrive by the weekend.

I had one that expired, but got new one in post for offer ending dec 17th too. I have Sky+ downstairs (normal tv) and sky multiroom with a standard sky box (hdtv) upstairs, was hoping to get the sky+hd box in my multiroom if that is allowed, but then i probably need to pay standard install charge of £60 to have the 2nd connection install the HD Box.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom