1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky+ to DVI

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by dion, Apr 29, 2005.

1. dion

dion

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am looking to convert Sky+ SVHS or RGB to DVI so I can feed my Domino30H with just 1 cable (HDMI) 15M run using a chord silver cable from my Denon 3910 at the moment with no problems.
    I am considering the Denon AV 11Xv as an upgrade from my current 3805 which I believe provides DVi/HDMI switching some adverts on suppliers web sites state it does conversion to HDMI as well! Advice would be appreciated as I really dont want to run a component, SVHS cable to the projector.

2. RTFM

RTFM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Dion

There's now a Denon forum so maybe you might get an answer there

Jeff :rtfm:

3. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,522
    dion

I'd suggest a decent quality external Video Processor with multiple Analogue and Digital Video Inputs is the best option.

With the likes of a Lumagen VisionHDP you can set the processor to Output 1280x720P and undertake the required deinterlacing and scaling within the Video Processor and connect to your Projector on a Single Digital cable.

A Video Processor such as the Lumagen will be more flexible than using any AV Receiver - I'm pretty certain too the Denon unit you mention only scales Analogue signals. The Digital Switcher and Analogue Switcher + DCDi Deinterlacer + DVDO Scaling engine are on separate signal paths.

Any questions do please shout.

Best regards

Joe