sky+ to dvd recorder with subtitles?

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by mole48, Jan 28, 2004.

1. mole48

mole48

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is it possible to archive to dvd from a sky+ box and have the subtitles recorded so that on dvd playback they are displayed? I need reliable information on this for my hearing impaired partner and if anyone can help I would be extremely grateful. I understand from previous threads that if you record onto the sky+ hard drive the subtitles are included in the datastream and on playback to tv from the sky+ box, can be switched on or off as required. Please correct me if that's wrong!!

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +975
    Yes SKY+ does record the subtitle info by default and you select from the menu if you want the subtitles to be displayed when playing back. If you have the subtitle option switched on then they are recorded onto VCR via the VCR scart, I can not see any reason why it would not be any different when you are recording the SKY+ output onto DVD.

3. mole48

mole48

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That sounds good to me. Many thanks. Have just ordered Panny TX32 PD30. Sky+ coming in a month and now waiting for Panny DMR E55 due out soon. Now broke again!