Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Sky+ to Denon 2805

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Tim-Ann, Jun 13, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Tim-Ann

Tim-Ann

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +99
    Hi there,

I'm just awaiting delivery of a 2805 and have been busy reading the forums on suitable connections from Sky+ to the 2805. I’ve bought a JS Tech scart to component box but I would prefer to go straight from Sky+ to the 2805 is there any company selling a scart to component lead as described in some of the forums?

I do know I can use the S-Video out from the Sky+ box to the 2805 but believe the PQ would not be as good.

MAny thanks, Tim.

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    you can get a scart to componet lead, but as sky CANT output component AT ALL so you wont get a Picture, you can go S-video from Sky+ to AMP and let AMP convert it to component

3. Tim-Ann

Tim-Ann

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +99
    Hi there,

Thanks for the reply but am I right in thinking that if I go the S-Video route through the 2805 then the PQ on Sky+ will not be as good as using the JS Tech scart to component unit through the 2805?

Tim.

4. gunizzle

gunizzle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    no mate, the amp auto upscales it for you, i run my sky + through the 2805 (s-video) into the amp then component out into the plasma and the PQ is excellent. Spend your money on something else !!

5. Tim-Ann

Tim-Ann

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +99
    Hi there,

Thanks for that info will try it and as I say I have a JS Tech to try but if the S-Video works then that will always sell?

Again many thanks, Tim.

6. Tim-Ann

Tim-Ann

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +99
    Hi there,

2805 arrived this morning almost all set up but as I’m going to sell it on the forums next week could do with a few answers to some basic points.

I’ve been offered and bought a new 3805 and wanted to know does the remote on the 3805 allow users to control Sky+ or do I need a better all-in-one remote like the new Harmony 885?

I tried my JS Tech scart to component converter against S-Video from my Sky+ box and could only notice a negligible difference so don’t think is worth keeping just to add even more cabling. But should-can I use a scart to S-Video lead or should I as I am currently doing use a separate S-Video lead and separate audio leads from the Sky+ box?

Finally when I tried to connect my Sony VCR which only has composite out and in to the 2805’s composite video in the video playback was very jerky unwatchable however if I connected the yellow composite out from the VCR to the composite in on the Plasma a the picture was fine well as fine as VCR’s are is there a reason why the 2805 is doing this?

Many thanks for all you help so far, Tim.

7. Eddy Boy

Eddy Boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    You can program the 3805 remote for Sky+ but it does not have any preset for Sky+

8. fifa

fifa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +66
    Hi Tim-Ann any chance of first refusual on the 2805 if and when you sell it mate as im desperate for one I have and add on the wanteds let me know
    Fifa

9. bbasra

bbasra

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    just reprogram the denon remote and all works perfectly. i done this for all my applicances. Also, you can get the sky+ remote to control your denon volume control which is excellent for me as now i hardly use the denon remote now.... only use it for amp setup, advance controls, and showing off :)

i also upgraded to component now and connected the sky+ box via svideo and it's perfect for me, and thats also using a cheap svideo cable.

when i connect using a scart to svideo cable, my picture comes out black and white for some reason, so i just used svideo to svideo. could not understand why though. let us know how you get on.

10. The Gooner

The Gooner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    I didnt think the 2805 upscales just converts, so if you feed via s video you will only get this quality out.

11. Tim-Ann

Tim-Ann

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +99
    Hi there,

fifa, sorry the 2805 went a week ago for £400.

bbasra as I said in another thread I tried the JS Tech component converter from Sky+ and also just using S-Video and I could not see a lot of difference between the two so sold the JS Tech and kept the S-Video for Sky+. The plus point using S-Video for Sky+ was you kept the Denon on screen display.

Tim.

12. Eddy Boy

Eddy Boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Thats because the video coming out of SCART is either Composite (PAL) or RGB as set in the menu. Unless you have the option to set to S-Video it's not going to work.

13. fifa

fifa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +66
    Bugger missed that one
    fifa