Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Sky through psm192

Discussion in 'TAG McLaren Audio Owners' Forum' started by budvarholsten, Oct 31, 2003.

1. budvarholsten

budvarholsten
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi guys,
    I've got a fujitsu p50xha10es plasma on demo from my hi-fi dealer at the moment, and am having some difficulty trying to get the progscan to work with my sky plus box. I've wired it up how it says to do so in the manual (sky plus box s-video to s-video in on av32r, then s-videoout+osd to option in-s on dvd 32r) but I can't get a picture.
    I have set the sky plus box to output pal with no luck and even tried from the scart socket to sky s-video on av32, again with no joy.
    Am I doing something wrong?
    I've got another couple of querys if you guys could help me.

I also can't get my av32 menu up on the screen through the component leads, and have to use my s-video to scart lead from osd+out directly into the screen, also having to change dvd output to s+composite to see the picture properly. Is this normal?
    Or will I always have to have the s-video lead connected as well as the component?
    This fujitsu is connected up with ordinary component leads at the moment, not the ones with the bnc connectors on the back of the
    dvd player that are highlighted in white. Am I still getting progressive scan? Is this the reason I am having no luck getting progscan with sky?
    And lastly, after trying the said fujitsu, panasonic six series and new pioneer pdp504hde, I have at last made my decision and ordered the pioneer. As I understand, all connections are made through the media box supplied with it before going in to the screen itself. If I ever finally get this prog scan working with sky, will it still work going through the media box?
    Ohh and one last quick one, again if I ever get this prog scan working with sky, can I still leave my scart lead going from the sky box to the media box to still get a picture without having to always have my processor and dvd on, after all, who needs prog scan with eastenders :)

Well I think that just about concludes it, sorry for my ignorance, I've only just got my dp and progscan upgrade and my last tv only had s-video or rgb.

Cheers guys,
    Rich, (formely Holsten on the tag forum)
    :confused:

2. cskates

cskates
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I warn you in advance, I haven't got a progressive display (yet) so I may have things wrong :)

First things first, getting progressive working from the DVD player to the plasma without involving the AV32R or Sky. Only the BNC plugs and DVI output on the PSM192 are progressive, the RCA component output is interlaced. The BNC outputs are also switchable between RGsB and component so make sure the options on the plasma and PSM match. Unless you're sure the plasma supports progressive PAL (not all do :( ) it would be worth setting the DVD32R to default to NTSC for the menus.
    Hopefully, after all that, the DVD setup menus should be shown in progressive on your plasma. Next step is to try a R2 PAL DVD to make sure that progressive PAL can be displayed.
    Getting the AV32R and Sky working should now be easy, it sounds like you had it wired up correctly. If you get no picture you should double check the PSM192 is switched to the external s-video input and that the correct video input is selected on the AV32R.

3. budvarholsten

budvarholsten
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for your reply, It seems then, that the reason I am not getting the progscan with sky is because I am not using the bnc out connectors from my dvd player. The issue with the menu I talked about is not a problem getting the dvd menu up, but the av32 menu on the screen.
    I know the display is compatable with pal progressive so it definately looks like it's that component lead without the bnc's.

Thanks again,

Rich.:clap:

4. PhilB1234

PhilB1234

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Once you've got the component leads connected to the BNC sockets for prog scan you need to do the following to get the AV32 menu on your display:

- connect the DVD32 back to the AV32 by S-video.
    -I believe there's a setting in the AV32 menu for the PSM192 that when checked will automatically reroute the picture from the normal DVD image when you press Menu on the AV32.
    -The DVD32 will then use the S-video output from the AV32 including Menu/OSD on top of the DVD picture (but in black and white as the DVD32 cannot output colour S-vid and component at the same time).
    -Once you've made your adjustments and come out of the menu everything's returned to normal viewing. A very clever way of getting the AV32 menu on your display!

Hope that makes sense, let me know if you'd like more details!

5. PhilB1234

PhilB1234

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Rich
    One other thing: I'm about to go for the PSM but have not yet seen it with SKY+, so please post some comments as if it's all good news it could kick me up the a*se to get it done straight away!
    Thanks
    Phil (known as Phil on the Tag forum too!)

6. budvarholsten

budvarholsten
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks Phil, as soon as I get sorted out with my new display, I'll let you know.