1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky + Thoughts

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Party Animal, Jun 15, 2003.

1. Party Animal

Party Animal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    After months of deciding which recorder to buy...Finally plumped for Sky +
    Well it was installed today, and must say its an impressive bit of hardware..the pause Live TV is a good feature --- as every one knows you just start watching a good show, and the bloody Phone rings!!!!!!

the quality of the recordings is top notch...I have it connected to my Denon 2802 via Toslink

I have been swaying back & forth for months, as which way to buy (DVD Recorder) or Hard drive recorder

well I am well chuffed with it, so a big thumbs up from me

Will get it hooked upto my PC tomorrow so I can archive the decent stuff to disc -- with my Sony DVD burner

at the moment I have a mass of wires to Hide LOL
    :smashin:

2. MrFurious

MrFurious

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,492
    connect my sky+to my dvd amp,which toslink should i get,also how do i connect the sky box to my pc as i would love to archive my recordings too?

3. Party Animal

Party Animal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Connect a Scart from DVD>Sky+ box and connect the other scart socket to your TV

If you have a sound Amp... mute the TV sound and connect a Toslink from Sky to Amp --- as to which Toslink cable... I spent about £20 on my 2

To connect your Sky to your PC use the S/Vid to a capture card on the PC.... and use an analogue cable on the out of Sky> the soundcards line in - on your pc, get some software to capture and edit and away you go

Obviously you will need to ecode it to mpeg2 (DVD Format) then use authoring software to make Vobs

not the easiest of solutions but for the bits and Bobs I want to save to disc...it serves my needs