• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sky Thomson HD Box takes an age to change channels

slycockney

Standard Member
My Thomson Sky HD box has started to take ages to change channels. The number of the selected program appears instantly on the screen, but it can take several minutes for the channel to change. Similarly, putting the box into standby, can take for ever.
I've changed the PSU, as I believe that this is an issue with Thomson boxes, but still no difference.
This seems to coincide with Sky upgrading their TV guide. Maybe a complete coincidence.
Any ideas?
:lease:

BrianMc

Established Member
My Thomson Sky HD box has started to take ages to change channels. The number of the selected program appears instantly on the screen, but it can take several minutes for the channel to change. Similarly, putting the box into standby, can take for ever.
I've changed the PSU, as I believe that this is an issue with Thomson boxes, but still no difference.
No problems so far my Thomson box! You must have rebooted (a normal cure for wierd problems!) as you mention the PSU - but you could try a "Planner Rebuild"
This seems to coincide with Sky upgrading their TV guide. Maybe a complete coincidence.
But the Thomsons haven't had a software update this year (AFAIR!)

batman1

Established Member
It could possibly be that the hard drive in the box is about to pack in. Quick solution,you can disconnect the hard drive and see how long the channels change.

This happened to my thompson box when I put in a Caviar Green 1tb drive, it was from the well known dodgy batch of the western digitals. After disconnecting the drive the channel change was instant.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom