SKY tests and "no sat. signal"

BrianPK

I've already asked here but got no answers
http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=509939&page=3
so I'll ask again.....do SKY do test work during working hours that would cause temporary interruptions i.e. "no sat. signals".I've had a lot of these recently despite the lack of heavy rain but they only seem to occur during the working day and never in the evenings.Sky News has a lot of interruptions but other channels can be unaffected:confused:

chrise

Novice Member
I've already asked here but got no answers
http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=509939&page=3
so I'll ask again.....do SKY do test work during working hours that would cause temporary interruptions i.e. "no sat. signals".I've had a lot of these recently despite the lack of heavy rain but they only seem to occur during the working day and never in the evenings.Sky News has a lot of interruptions but other channels can be unaffected:confused:

Brian its unlikely to be "tests" as satellite transmissions are quite different to ordinary TV. The satellite operators - Astra - can change transponders and satellites remotely without the viewer knowing. You canot do maintenance on a satellite ;) and loss of the uplink signal would show as a blank screen rather than the loss pf signal warning.

Any fault is probably therefore at your end, the diffrence between a solid signal and no signal is actually pretty small so a minor change can mean losingthe channel. The first thing to look at is the cable from the dish to the HD box. Make sure all the connections are tight (especially if you have a wall socket :thumbsdow). The next thing to look at is whether the dish is partially obscured by leaves or trees or may have moved slightly.

Once you have ruled those things out look whether something locally could be interefering with the signal which could explain why it happens at certain times of the day.

BrianPK

Thanks for the reply Chris.
I think I'll give Sky a buzz and get someone out to check the dish and its connections on the roof.We have SKY+ also in my son's room and he's doing some serious whinging today as all the recordings he set on ESPN Classic(old football games)over the past two days failed to record,although the SKY HD box ,which has been the most sensitive of the two, hasn't had any problems:confused:

Regards
Brian

echrada

Banned
I have had this problem and it was down to a bad connection. So check that your connections are stable and cannot move around and then try again. :D

ralphmalph

Novice Member
I had random signal drops outs, during good weather as well. I bought some satellite signal boosters from maplins 11 quid and never had a problem since.

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX Best Picture Settings
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom