Sky telly is awful

finbaar

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm on holiday and there is a full Sky telly package. I haven't had to put up with the truly awfulness of this service for years. But bleedin hell it is truly awful. How does anyone put up with it? I've plugged in a Firestick so I don't have to put up with it.

Think you need to be a bit more specific as to what's so “awful” about it? Is it the content or the picture quality?

Last edited:
I have Sky Q and the picture is far better and stable than anything I get on terrestrial. In fact my TV is on Sky permanently now. You say you have the full Sky package so presumably you have HD and recording facilities available. In what way do Sky produce "a truly awful service"? I find Sky is a far superior system than anything terrestrial can provide.

Until finbaar comes back to answer JayCee's question, it's difficult to comment on why he thinks Sky is "truly awful", but I certainly have no complaints after 20 years.

Until finbaar comes back to answer JayCee's question, it's difficult to comment on why he thinks Sky is "truly awful", but I certainly have no complaints after 20 years.

I guess we'll never get a response. I do think the quality of original content from Sky has gone downhill but do like the Sky Q box and recording side of things. If it wasn't for their movies I think I'd finally leave them and just have Netflix, Disney and Prime.

I always thought Sky+ HD was pretty bad from a user interface point of view (picture quality was fine) but think Sky Q, which I upgraded to about 3 years ago, is excellent.

Always found Sky's interface much more user friendly than my Virgin box, and the channel mix is pretty similar, isn't it?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom