SKY Telephone Line

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Andy999, Sep 5, 2005.

1. Andy999

Andy999

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just ordered an additional Sky box to go in another room. Do I have to have it connected to the Phone Line if I don't use the box office. I don't particularily want extra cables running around the house etc. Line for the LNB cable already in place

2. johndon

johndon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +89
    By additional box, I assume you're getting Multiroom?

If so then yes you do need to connect the second box to the phone line and you have to keep both boxes connected to the same phone line for as long as you have multiroom.

John

3. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    If you don't allow both boxes to "phone home", Sky will charge your bank account for two individual subscriptions.

4. e_python

e_python

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is this right? i have just ordred multi room and it is next impossible to run phone lines. My current box is not connected to a phone line. Is there a way around this?

5. johndon

johndon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +89
    You definately have to have both boxes connected to the same phone (it's in the Terms & conditions for multiroom) line as it stops you giving your second card to someone else who would then, effectively, get a subscription for £10.

If you can't physically connect the box to a phone line you can get wireless extenders for phones that you could try.

John

6. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    Do a search back in these forums - it has happened to other people. Sky warn you first, and if the boxes still fail to dial out, they charge you the full whack. There is no way round it if you want multi-room.