Sky Talk..CON

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Walter mitty, Dec 17, 2001.

1. Walter mitty

Walter mitty
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    Just thought I`d let you all know. Sky Talk is a con.
    I went on to it to save money on the internet, god what a joke, when I got my bill it was pages and pages long all internet.... it went kinda like this...internet number..20 seconds 3pmin charge, internet number 28 seconds 3p min charge, and the list went on and on I had over 5000 seconds and not even been on line that worked out at 9p a minute and not even getting online..they said it was minimum connection charge 3p but it never connected for more than a few seconds. I complained and they blamed some other company, suprise, suprise, so I sacked them. It was a total con and they knew it.......

2. Doubledoom

Doubledoom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What are you doing using an ISP with skytalk anyway?

0845 numbers are not included with skytalk and charged at full rate

3. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +975
    Another person willing to blame everyone but himself for failing to understand what he'd signed up for.

Taken from SKYtalk webpage....
    "Savings do not apply to calls to numbers beginning with 08 and 09. Sky Talk cannot be used for calls to BT Operator Service (e.g. Directory Inquiries)."

4. Doubledoom

Doubledoom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    And if he had been using BT, those 3p charges would be 5p.

5. Walter mitty

Walter mitty
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Errrrrr yes he does understand, I should have said it was a couple of years ago, and they were never my ISP merely a cheap way of paying ALL phone calls......supposedly..... Of course there are many free ISP`s now and....... yes I would be a fool if I wasn`t useing one of them now. I know Sky like the back of my hand since I`ve been a subscriber since almost day 1. Unfortunately I have been bitten by them on more than one occassion too. I guess the sky talk can`t con you on the internet these days, I just wandered if any others were as wise to them as I?