Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

sky+ switch off when recording

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by phoenixboy, Mar 12, 2005.

1. phoenixboy

phoenixboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi.
    has anyone had this problem with sky+.
    I have a pace box, and has recently started to switch off if recording or if instant rewind is on. Do i need a new hard disc? :lease:

2. edinburgh160

edinburgh160

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    dont know if this is similar, but I have an Amstrad Sky+, and alot of recordings are failing, also when watching recorded footy this afternoon the thing cuts out completely.
    It happened previously and they talked me through a system reboot, but it has came back.
    I called them and they are coming on Wednesday to hopefully replace the box. they think it's the hard drive, so I guess yours could well be as well.
    Hopefully your under warranty (mine is only 3 months old).

3. Roger G Cam

Roger G Cam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't think you have much choice but to call Sky.

If your box is still in the 1 year warranty then Sky will replace it for free. If not then it will be £65.

You could just replace the HD with a larger HD - but - is it the HD at fault or is it something worse? Additionally - if your box is a Pace - if it is a V1 you probably don't want to uograde the HD anyway as trhe 17 minute bug could be an issue.

On balance - I think its £65 to Sky.

Roger