Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Sky+ Svideo Through Denon Avr1905 To Sagem Hd45

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by cbridge, Jun 23, 2005.

1. cbridge

cbridge
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The only way that I can take video from my SKY+ box, through my Denon AVR1905 and back into my new Sagem HD45 TV is via S-Video.
    (I'm taking the sound through the optical in)

If I view the output from the Denon on the Sagem TV (through the S-Video) the picture quality on SKY+ is poor[er]. Although the picture is not too bad, the display on the 'search and scan banner' in SKY suffers badly from jagged edges (anti-aliasing I think its called?).

If I take the output directly from SKY+ (Scart) to my Sagem TV the picture quality is much better, and the jaggies disappear.

Has anyone else experienced this? is this what I can expect if I run the signal through the Denon AVR?

I miss the ability to see the Denon's volume control (through the monitor composite video) on the Sagem's screen. But I just can't bring myself to live with the poorer quality picture.

Maybe I just have to wait for SKY HD version? but if I get that I suppose I'd end up with a similar situation.. I'd be pushing the HDMI->DVI output straight from SKY+ HD to the Sagem TV and by-passing the Denov AVR?

2. Razor

Razor
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,435
    :hiya: cbridge

For best results you should always do a direct connection. Passing the signal through an amp was great for displays with limited connectivity but the Sagem has pleanty of connections so this isn't a problem. :thumbsup:

Is it that important to see what the volume is? :eek:

Try doing this with all your equipment you will see the difference. If you have a DVI/HDMI dvd player use this connection, if not use component.

Sky is best on RGB scart.

Leave your amp just for sound.

:thumbsup:

3. cbridge

cbridge
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the info, it's as I suspected.. just waiting for my Samsung HD945 DVD player now to test the DVI input on the TV :)

4. Bacus

Bacus
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,709
    Does your denon amp convert all input signals to component output ?