Sky surround sound help!!!

Lewis79

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi, Can someone please help as I only seem to get the two front speakers and sub working with my sky when I put the surround sound on. I currently have a Samsung LE37r88 connected to a sky+ HD box via HDMi, also connected is a Samsung all in one surround system connected with HDMi and an optical lead to the TV.

If any one can let me know where I am going wrong I would appreciate it, even more so for tonights game.

Hi, Can someone please help as I only seem to get the two front speakers and sub working with my sky when I put the surround sound on. I currently have a Samsung LE37r88 connected to a sky+ HD box via HDMi, also connected is a Samsung all in one surround system connected with HDMi and an optical lead to the TV.

If any one can let me know where I am going wrong I would appreciate it, even more so for tonights game.

Do you have an optical cable from the Sky box to your surround sound system? The Sky HD box does not support DD 5.1 surround sound via HDMI, only by optical so you will need both connected.

Also, make sure the Digital Audio Output setting on the sky HD box is set to 'Dolby D'. It's in the Settings menu.

From my reckoning you have your HD box to the TV via HDMI then an optical from the TV to the surround sound unit? Try the Optical direct from the SkyHD to the surround sound unit.

Depending on where you are ITV 1 HD don't do 5.1 surround. At best its DD2.0

Have now tried all this and still only have the sound from the front two and the sub, no sound from centre or rears????

Have now tried all this and still only have the sound from the front two and the sub, no sound from centre or rears????

Try Luxe HD to test 5.1. They broadcast 24/7 in DD5,1.

Just to make sure, you have got the HDMI from Sky box to TV and optical from Sky box to amp? And no connections between TV and amp?

You've turned your TV sound off and set the amp to the correct optical input (on my Samsung it's DV-in).

Have tried lux tv and got the centre speaker working with fronts and sub but still no rears.

My Samsung all in one is D-in, but if I press mute on the tv the whole thing has no sound.

Thanks for the help so far.

Sounds as if (no pun intended) as though your AV amp does not have a Dolby Digital (AC3) decoder. Common amongst el cheapo all in one kit.

Have tried lux tv and got the centre speaker working with fronts and sub but still no rears.

My Samsung all in one is D-in, but if I press mute on the tv the whole thing has no sound.

Thanks for the help so far.

Then it would suggest you're feeding a signal from your TV to the home cinema system. Sky HD: Optical to home cinema and HDMI to TV. home Cinema - TV via HDMI. TV has two HDMI's, one from THome Cinema and one from Sky HD.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom