Sky+ subscription with a SkyHD box??

hot-fuzz

Distinguished Member
im sure this has been answered before, if so please point me in the right direction.

my dad has sky+, not the HD subscription. if he were to buy a SkyHD box and connect it, will it work. ive heard mixed reports including that he needs to register his card, or it will work straifht away, etc . no definitive answer.

the idea is he wants to connect via hdmi rather than scart.

Broadz

He needs to get the card paired with the box to use Sky+ functionality for anything but the free channels, and to be able to view any premium channels he subscribes to. Other than that - yes, it will work.

hot-fuzz

Distinguished Member
Ta
he only has family pack, no sports or movies, so it might be a good idea then if he can get one cheapish, especially as hes geting a decent tv soon.

logiciel

He'll get the free HD channels but the best way would be to pay the £10 HD subscription with a free HD receiver, and then get the HD channels which have SD equivalents in his subscription.

hot-fuzz

Distinguished Member
Yeah true.
Will a new install mean a new dish and cables?
Hes just done up the lounge and run bith feed cables under the floorboards and in the wall.

fernandez

Novice Member
Will a new install mean a new dish and cables?
Hes just done up the lounge and run bith feed cables under the floorboards and in the wall.
No:smashin: as the dish/feeds to an HD box are exactly the same as the existing + box

logiciel

Yes, he has all he needs except the receiver and sub which is good value if he has the right Entertainment Packs.

Dave X

I have an HD box on my multi room (no HD sub), you will need to ring up and pair the card ( 5 minute call, very simple) and just replace the one box for the other. Without the sub you will still get BBC1 HD, BBC HD, ITV HD, 4HD and 5HD, but not ITV2 HD or e4HD ( and obviously not the paid for channels).

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom