Sky Subscription Daft Question!

forrestgump

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Anyone care to comment, why can't you cancel your sky subscription at any time within the initial contract period without incurring massive charges? Surely there should be a cooling off period after installation? Don't know of any other service like it where if you have made a mistake and don;t want sky it costs you about £400.00 to cancel! Most un-fair me thinks, final word on Sky Digital and MY OPINION ONLY, picture quality sucks

SKY give you a FREE digibox and minidish and SUBSIDISED install, if you choose not to honour the contract then you have to pay back the balance of the subsidy. Not sure where the hell you get the £400 figure from, did you make it up and just posting to generate a response or is this a serious question based on personal experience?
There is a no penalty cancellation time slot after ordering and installing of a SKY D system but only what the law requires, not sure if it is 7days or 30 days. Other companies such as BT, NTL, TW or anyother subscription based service will have penalty clauses for those people who have no reasonable excuse for not meeting the contractual obligations entered into from an informed position.

Made up the fee to generate a response!!!! The figure is what sky quoted me mate, why make it up!

Well that doesn't make sense but since SKY CS frequently don't know what they are talking about I will have to give you the benefit of the doubt but then again I assume they are aware of all the facts and I am not.

Go to the SKY website and read the T&C's they cover all the costs involved with cancelling a contract without a reasonable excuse. It may be that it would be cheaper to drop the subscription to the £13.50 package for the remaining months of the minimum term then recouping the costs by selling the dish/LNB and digibox.
Not ideal I know but it has to be said that from what little info you have provided it seems that SKY have honoured their side of the agreement and you want to back out outside of the "cooling off" period.

No PQ definately sucks big time......

Hi-Def now not endless channels of fuzzy soft macro-blocking crap:mad: :mad:

problem is me harties, viewed on the latest plasma pics are iffy from sky digital but they are not bothered, you cannot quote bad picture quality as an excuse for cancelling your deal with them can you!!!
may have to try some sort of picture enhancement gadget for the remaining 11 months of my contract

Hi,

There's a iscan ultra for sale on the classifieds for 350GBPs

Cheers

Mel

you should be able to quote
"poor picture quality"

I agree the picture quality is dreadful on most channels, such low bitrates the cause...... HDTV would be nice

Originally posted by corh5
you should be able to quote
"poor picture quality"

I agree the picture quality is dreadful on most channels, such low bitrates the cause...... HDTV would be nice

You would need to add the the extra few words if you wanted to use PQ as a reason to cancel such as "on a plasma display".
The vast majority of digital TV viewers are viewing on displays well below a 32" 100hz widescreen TV and the current bitrates used are just about good enough for that spec of display.
No argument that ALL digital channels in the UK on all digital platforms should be far higher but there is no regulations setting down acceptable video quality and in reference to SKY D in particular they have no control over bitrates used by the hundred plus channels that they do not own.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but if I had spent thousands on a Plasma or LCD panel then I wouldn't have signed a 12 month contract for a digital TV service without seeing it in action. I am 100% sure that those on this thread who are complaining about the SKY PQ didn't buy their Plasmas without a demo.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom