1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SKY+ starting to really tick me off!!!!

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by (GTV)Chris, Dec 5, 2004.

1. (GTV)Chris

(GTV)Chris
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I am currently on my 3rd box in 18 months!
    First one went down the pipes at just over a year...but I got them to come out free of charge anyway.
    Replaced it with a box that the installer didn't try...he buggered off and guess what...It didn't work.
    Couldn't get him back for 3 days.... He installed a new one.
    Icidentally, he was the rudest bloke.. he joked that we should get an air freshener because the house smelled of Curry!! - In fact it was a big bunch of Lillies.
    Anyway..
    I have had recent recordings just vanish? Even with 20 % free.
    Then came down this morning and the box was off - and my entire recordings had been wiped, including about 4 hours worth of unviewed material.
    Sky could not rectify this problem.
    I have never had any piece of equipment bugger up so consistently...is this common with the rest of you?
    I love SKY+ but I am seriously considering just buying a Tivo or free to air box with recorder.

Cheers dudes

(Grumpy) Chris

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    With those sort of problems I wouldn't blame you, there is certainly a weakness both in terms of design, build quality and software and the over reliance on refurbs which so many times prove useless within days of installation!

Having said that my SKY+ is over three years old and apart from the first month of use has been 99.99% reliable:)

3. (GTV)Chris

(GTV)Chris
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Wow, 3 years... I hope this current box lasts as long.
    I think if it busts again, I will stick a new HD into it and cross my fingers :)

Cheers

Chris