• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sky standard def help

W

WHATLCDTV?

I have recently bought a 37 inch Samsung Series 6 LCD LE37B650. I have it in the a room with a Sky SD Multi-room box which is a Pace Minibox white (BSKYB 1000) which has a connections on the back for the following:

- TV SCART
- RS232
- AERIAL IN
- RF OUT
- DISC INPUT
- DC IN
- TELEPHONE LINE

Can someone tell me firstly is the Scart option the only way to connect this box to the HDTV?

Is there any product that can improve SD pictures on a HDTV.

What would be the best Scart cable to use?

Many thanks for your help.
:)

JayCee

Distinguished Member
I believe you're at a disadvantage straight away because I think the Pace minibox can only output Composite video via scart instead of the far superior (in most cases) RGB video...in that respect it'll be a complete waste of money buying a more expensive/better scart lead.
The best advice I can give is to ditch the minibox and pick up a standard Sky STB...all of which output RGB from the TV Scart socket.

W

WHATLCDTV?

Thanks

Where can you get new sky boxes from?

I only have a cheap scart on so a better quality one wouldnt help?

solidamber

Established Member
Thanks

Where can you get new sky boxes from?

I only have a cheap scart on so a better quality one wouldnt help?

No the big difference will be seen when you switch box and watch via RGB then you could upgrade your scart don't go mad and spend a lot just a named brand ie a jvc or belkin.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Neither will help you get a better picture from a composite video input.
You can buy a good quality 2nd hand Sky box and then get RGB output from it for a lot cheaper.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom