Sky Sports shimmering

I

IanMerseyside

I know Sky have sorted the juddering/stuttering problem but I am still seeing a sort of shimmering effect during Sky Sports broadcasts. When I first spotted it several weeks ago I assumed it was a side effect of the juddering problem while they were trying to fix it but that is obviously not the case now that has been resolved. The best way I can describe it is that the picture flickers or shimmers several times, each for a split second, and then goes back to normal. It is as if someone is boosting the brightness levels when it is happening. I have tried rewinding and playing back but the problem happens consistently at exactly the same point. I have even recorded the event (usually football) when it is being broadcast as a highlights programme the next day but again the problem is evident at the same point(s) in play. As I say it happens mostly on football but I've also noticed it to a lesser extent during the Ashes cricket last week. For some reason there were no problems at all during the Barcelona Real Madrid last night (a welcome exception) but the shimmering was happening quite a lot during the Leicester Notts Forest match. I have had a Sky engineer out to have a look and he noticed it too but he was fairly certain it was a broadcasting issue. He offered to change the box (I have an Amstrad and it is about 3 months old) but I declined as I have quite a few recordings that would be lost. All evidence seems to confirm his thoughts that it is a broadcast issue and I would welcome anyone's thoughts/observations as this is now driving me crazy :suicide:

Top Bottom