1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky Sports News etc

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Mr_P, Mar 11, 2003.

1. Mr_P

Mr_P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +139
    I was on the basic Sky £12.50 package and I upgraded last month to watch a few football matches. I still have a few months left before my year is up so downgraded today back down to the basic package.

My upgrade was done at about the same time as the BBC digital channels went live. On phoning Sky up today, I was told that all these free to air channels were available to Sky viewers except ITV2 which Sky viewers had to pay extra for in one of their upgrade packages.

I was however told than Sky Sports News and Sky Travel were free to watch through my normal Sky subscription of £12.50 and then free completely once my year was up and I cancelled.

So how come Sky Sports News, Sky Travel etc is not showing on my sky receiver?

I thought these channels were now free not only free to air but free to view.

What is going on?

Can anyone help or provide me with some answers. I have phoned Sky up and been told 3 times that they will be free for me to watch.

Has anyone else got the £12.50 basic package or had the year up and are not paying Sky anymore and can get these channels?

Thanks in anticipation....

2. Fernsehman

Fernsehman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Go to http://www.sky.com/skycom/packages

Click on Value Pack £12.50

As you can see, Sky travel and Sky Sports News are not included in the package. You will have to upgrade to the Family Pack at £18.50.

You might also bear in mind that Sky Sports News is, AFAIK, free on the terrestrial digital Freeview.

3. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    There were rumours of a SKY FTV package which would have given you a number of currently subscription channels for a one off fee, perhaps when you enquired about SSN that was what the CS rep was thinking of.

Or more likely the CS rep didn't know what they were talking about:)

4. philipb

philipb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +129
    ITV2, ITV News, Sky News, Sky Sports News and Sky Travel are all available on FTV.

5. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    Confusion between FTV and Freeview?

They are non subscription on DTT (Freeview) however on SKY digital ITV2, SSN and SKY Travel are subscription channels and SKY News/ITV News are free to air (FTA).

6. philipb

philipb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +129
    Yes - DTT