• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sky Sports is changing on 18 July

Riaz78

Established Member
Just got the email from Sky about the change to Sky Sports.

Here is the email blurb...

As a valued customer, we wanted to let you know that Sky Sports is changing. You don’t need to do anything, it will happen automatically on Tuesday 18 July - when you’ll be able to access our new, dedicated channels and features.

The new Sky Sports lineup will have ten channels including dedicated channels for the Premier League, Football, Cricket, Golf and F1

The Sky Sports relaunch website has a lot more details... Skysports (Sky Sports)

The key thing for me is COST, I mostly watch football...

Will I be able to just subscribe to Sky Sports Football?

Cheers
Riaz

Pokey800

Established Member
Yes, you will be able to downgrade your full package and receive only the channel(s) you want...

Choose one channel for £18, two for £22, three for £26 - or get it all, plus our brand new Main Event channel for only £27.50 extra a month

The channel numbers for our new range of channels are:
  • Sky Sports Main Event – Channel 401
  • Sky Sports Premier League – Channel 402
  • Sky Sports Football - Channel 403
  • Sky Sports Cricket - Channel 404
  • Sky Sports Golf – Channel 405
  • Sky Sports F1 – Channel 406
  • Sky Sports Action - Channel 407
  • Sky Sports Arena - Channel 408
  • Sky Sports News - Channel 409

cR4cKF0x 5TevE

Prominent Member
Hmmmm. I can't be the only one thinking Sky is struggling for content at times; this smacks to me of a mechanism to provide loads of "filler" on each of those channels.

e.g. How many times can we expect 'highlights packages' for EPL games??

logiciel

About the date I cancelled from!

faiz0

Distinguished Member
Hmmmm. I can't be the only one thinking Sky is struggling for content at times; this smacks to me of a mechanism to provide loads of "filler" on each of those channels.

e.g. How many times can we expect 'highlights packages' for EPL games??

There's been a lot of 'filler' recently - the cricket for example, they keep showing the same old documentaries and classic matches over and over again.

Riaz78

Established Member
Here is the official press release.... New Sky Sports line-up gives customers more choice and channels at the same price and individual channel packs for the first time

I want to subscribe to just 402 – Sky Sports Premier League and 403 – Sky Sports Football

I think I might save at 50% on my current sky sports sub.

But.....

Looks like 401 – Sky Sports Main Event will also show football international qualifiers. Does that mean by subscribing to 402 and 403 I still won't have access to every football match Sky will be showing??

Cheers
Riaz

jont

Prominent Member
Hoping my F1 'legacy' channel is protected (esp as I get it in UHD) ... to be honest I watch v little else sportswise that I'd stump up for ...

Lee

There's been a lot of 'filler' recently - the cricket for example, they keep showing the same old documentaries and classic matches over and over again.
I've noticed that. It's been got worse as sky have been dropping a lot of the minority sports to save money for the football.

faiz0

Distinguished Member
Here is the official press release.... New Sky Sports line-up gives customers more choice and channels at the same price and individual channel packs for the first time

I want to subscribe to just 402 – Sky Sports Premier League and 403 – Sky Sports Football

I think I might save at 50% on my current sky sports sub.

But.....

Looks like 401 – Sky Sports Main Event will also show football international qualifiers. Does that mean by subscribing to 402 and 403 I still won't have access to every football match Sky will be showing??

Cheers
Riaz

That's the way I think they'll do it, unless there's a red button option on the main two channels.

The two football channels will be £22. For an extra £5.50 (and piece of mind?) you get everything they have to offer.

Ultra2man

Prominent Member
Hmmmmm. Sky Sports Mix is not listed.

Yes it is,

121 – Sky Sports Mix
A window into the world of Sky Sports, bringing a selection of sports entertainment to all Sky customers.
Regular live football including La Liga, MLS and international qualifiers as well as a select number of Premier League and EFL matches. As well as support programming that will appeal to kids and family audiences, viewers can also enjoy live golf from Europe and the US, international cricket and much more.

tolmie

Established Member
Does anyone know if you STILL need to pay for a HD sub, surely in this day and age that should be removed.

logiciel

Lancia34

Distinguished Member
Sky Sports Mix is moving to Sky Arts HD slot of 121 Ultra2man is correct.

Sky Arts HD moving then?

Quite happy with these new deals as only really watch F1 in UHD so can downgrade to the single sports channel and save myself almost £10 per month :)

Ultra2man

Prominent Member

logiciel

It gives the number twice so could be correct, but if so why?!
Not a mention of Arts.
No mention either of the charge for HD.
It's not likely they'd drop that without saying though.

JH4

Prominent Member
I don't subscribe to Sky sports, but do get F1 in UHD on my Q box. Will I have to pay more to get this one channel, I wonder. Sky have not emailed me, yet....

Lancia34

Distinguished Member
do you still need multiroom sub for uhd sports as it doesnt say anything just you can get it....

Think you just need the SKy Q silver 2TB box for UHD for UHD. Whether that has multiroom bundled with it I don't know although I remember when I got the package last year Q silver came with one Q mini and multiroom.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom