Sky Sports HDX - Was Prem Plus HD ??

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by London Town, Apr 30, 2007.

1. London Town

London Town

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +209
    Anyone know what the story is with the Prem Plus HD channel being renamed to Sky Sports HDX this morning ??

I presume HDX stands for HD Extra ?? still obviously down to show footy, but with the end of the season around the corner is there a chance Sky will show other things in HD on this channel ??

Here's hoping......

Dave

2. Stevie LA

Stevie LA

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +306
    They have renamed it due to next season there will be no games on pay per view.

3. hdsport

hdsport

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +408
    You may not need to wait that long its down to show the Superleague on Sunday afternoon. Guess its going to be Prem Plus HD (until the end of the season) plus an overspill channel, when there are 3 HD events simultaneously...i.e. Sunday when there is football and cricket on the exisiting HD channels.

4. staxdoobie

staxdoobie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    Yes, and how irritating is that new advert?! The way he says, "And no more pay-per-view matches!", as though this is a genuine development and a victory for the Sky subscriber. When it reality it means that Sky's hand has been forced due to losing the package, and existing PremPlus subscribers will now be getting FEWER matches next season.

Don't get me wrong, I'd much rather Sky had held onto the 50 HD PremPlus matches next season; I just find it laughable that they're now running down the pay-per-view concept, when they would actually give their right arms to be able to continue with it.