Sky Sports HD Rugby vs Football

frenchie0101

Established Member
Reaction score
been noticing for some time now that rugby seems loads better picture quality than football, when watching rugby i notice the grass to be higher detail the players look more polished, it just seems way more glossy than football is... anyone else have the same view

been noticing for some time now that rugby seems loads better picture quality than football, when watching rugby i notice the grass to be higher detail the players look more polished, it just seems way more glossy than football is... anyone else have the same view

And golf is even better. But it's all due to camera angles, the amount of panning during the game etc.

Think about an attack in Rugby, the ball moves along the line, as the backs run forward, this is a very slow pan - at the most extreme cover the length of the pitch in say 20seconds.

In football an attack, from the goal keeper rolling the ball out to the striker putting it in the top right corner can take less than 10 seconds.

The only time the game moves up and down the pitch quickly in Rugby is when the ball is kicked, and then the cameras all pull back.

Personally I expect the football picture to improve, as the camera technology gets better - it's just a shame sky couldn't have provided a 720p broadcast for football - it might have made the difference.

Thought the footie last night was very sharp on ITVHD. Only switched over to sample it about 30 mins in.

I don't know what Rugby is like on Sky HD but the nature of sport will mean slower movement and camera can get better picture and get more details.

I can't wait for autumn as I can watch NFL on 50 inch Plasma with Sky sports HD. :devil:

I don't know what Rugby is like on Sky HD but the nature of sport will mean slower movement and camera can get better picture and get more details.

I can't wait for autumn as I can watch NFL on 50 inch Plasma with Sky sports HD. :devil:

yeah that will look sweet

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom