• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

SKY sports HD pic quality tonight

penno116

Established Member
Hi all,

Does anyone else have this problem tonight.

I have only had virgin media for about a month so not sure if this is to be expected. Sky Sports HD is juddering and constantly breaking up on the UTD West Ham game, it is fine in SD, is this a problem my end or with virgin??? Not sure if it is the snow?

penno116

Established Member
thought i would update this, I have been having this problem for a couple of weeks, but only on sky sports HD no other HD channels.

after playing around changing leads, thinking there was a problem with my amp passing through the signal, but nope it seems to be the feed from virgin. So I call virgin they go through the usual have you turned it off and on? have you taken the leads out? explain i have done all that.

So the guy cuts me off and calls me back 10mins later, all he says is its been escalated and he is very sorry I wont have a problem again... thats it!

So whats going on, is it that they restrict the bandwidth to your house or something like that and turn it up a bit when you ring up to moan, just seems a little odd??? All is fine now :confused:

Boostrail

Distinguished Member
Really honestly do not know what your problem is Mate. Only time I have ever had a problem with TV (SD before HD!) was bad connection due to water ingress in external splitter, called VM -got next day visit - cured. So if it aint right get them out - its free!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom