1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky Sports Football Commentators and the Champion's League Final last night

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by Lex, May 26, 2005.

1. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Anyone know what is going on over at Sky regarding Martin Tyler and the other commentators? :confused: All the big games used to be done by him, but now they seem to be sharing the duty around... once I realised Tyler wasn't doing it last night I turned over to ITV instead, thought Clive Tyldsley did a great job, his "Hello!" when Gerrard scored was priceless.

Watched the highlights of the Sky Sports version earlier and thought the performace by Rob Hawthorne was underwhelming to say the least - he didn't seem to capture any of the drama of the event, he just seemed out of his depth...

So has Tyler been demoted? He for me is the best in the business... Rob Hawthorne is okay for the lesser games, but that Ian Darke bloke is hopeless - everything he says is a mixed up metaphore/cliche - I heard him say the other day that "he hit that ball like a needle through a haystack" :oops: :lease:

2. Mr Grumpy

Mr Grumpy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    As posted in t'other thread I did really like Sky Sports' montage at the end of their coverage. I also think that Andy Gray adds so much to the proceedings, even if the somewhat simian Richard Keys isn't a favourite of mine.

Channel 5 have to take the prize for worst commentary team and by some margin too. Their party trick is to (not so) seemlessly work a link to the next programme into their commentary, and it's so corny.

3. betamac

betamac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I agree with Martin Tyler been a superb commentator and i was also a little annoyed that he was not doing it last night, but even so the overall coverage from Sky was fantastic

4. lambonl

lambonl
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Similar thread over on Digitalspy, Depending on what you believe either they are helping to reduce his workload (must be stressful flying around watching footie!) or there is a contract disagreement and Sky are going to sign Motson from the beeb.

5. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Yeah, Andy Gray just is football! (even if he does irritate me with his over the top criticsm of referees at times).

Agreed - the anime style intro was awesome :smashin:

:eek: :rolleyes: God no!! :lease:

I would prefer they signed Clive Tyldsley - he may as well leave ITV as they don't have any footie left to show anyway! :rolleyes: