Sky Sports Entertainment Pack remote HELP

gnmilne

Standard Member
Reaction score
I got a lovely remote with this but for some reason I cant get it to do ANYTHING, lights come on and flash . It won’t do any controlling of the XBOX and I tried it on the Sky + box and it does nothing. Load sky player and I am using Xbox controller to do everything. Could someone please advise me what the remote is supposed to do.:mad:

I got a lovely remote with this but for some reason I cant get it to do ANYTHING, lights come on and flash . It won’t do any controlling of the XBOX and I tried it on the Sky + box and it does nothing. Load sky player and I am using Xbox controller to do everything. Could someone please advise me what the remote is supposed to do.:mad:

Is it the Media Remote ?

That would only work on your 360 and maybe control your TV not the Sky+ Box.

Make sure the TV button is green and not red/orange.

Make sure the IR reciever is not blocked, check the batteries. Check the 360 settings to check that you have the remote turned on, this will be under system settings.

Try the above and see if that helps.

it sure is. the remote in this pack looks identical to the universal remote so i'm assuming it is one of them.

Check there isn't protective film on the IR sensor on your xbox and the remote. it should work out the box providing the TV button on it is green. Some have had issues with 3rd party face plates blocking the IR signal.

And as it is infra red not bluetooth make sure you are actually pointing it at the xbox, i've heard of that "fault" a few times :facepalm:

Thanks to all, went into settings and it was set correctly but changed it off and back on and guess what its started working. THANKS big time for all the help.:thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom