Sky Sports Blurry Pic

krsone01634

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi

I am having a constant problem with watching footie on TV Drive. When watching either Prem Plus or Sky Sports to watch a game, the picture keeps going in and out of focus, really does my head in trying to focus.

Anyone else having the same problem. Have phoned Telewest who said they were aware of the problem but its only a slight blur. Have arranged an engineer but think this will be a complete waste of time.

Who else has this same annoying problem? Anyone had an engineer fix it?

Please help, watching blurry football gives me a headache.

Thanks

krsone01634 said:
Hi

I am having a constant problem with watching footie on TV Drive. When watching either Prem Plus or Sky Sports to watch a game, the picture keeps going in and out of focus, really does my head in trying to focus.

Anyone else having the same problem. Have phoned Telewest who said they were aware of the problem but its only a slight blur. Have arranged an engineer but think this will be a complete waste of time.

Thanks

Commented somewhere yesterday how good the picture was on the Spurs match.
Watching Charlton v Man. U. at the moment. Doesn't look
that good.:confused:

krsone01634 said:
Hi

Thanks
The problem can't be sorted by an engineer visit - it's a problem with the broadcast and has been reported. Interestingly, the problem was very evident on the footy last night but as soon as the golf started afterwards it seemingly went away.

buffalo2102 said:
The problem can't be sorted by an engineer visit - it's a problem with the broadcast and has been reported. Interestingly, the problem was very evident on the footy last night but as soon as the golf started afterwards it seemingly went away.

Yes I thought it was pretty bad too. Buffalo, you seem to have a pretty good knowledge of Telewest - do you work for them? Do you know if this problem is being taken seriously by the technical department, as this issue has been around for years? Although I'm very happy with cable, this is the sort of issue that might push me over to the dark side at the end of my contract if it isn't resolved.

I watched the match last night, and the picture was very good. Perhaps this is a regional signal problem? Something to do with you tv's handling of the signal by softening the image or something? I've certainly never seen this on my 43" screen, although i've read many times about it.

andythescientis said:
I watched the match last night, and the picture was very good. Perhaps this is a regional signal problem? Something to do with you tv's handling of the signal by softening the image or something? I've certainly never seen this on my 43" screen, although i've read many times about it.

The TV might be making some difference, but it is only Sky sports related (doesn't happen on footy on BBC or ITV), so there is definitely some sort of problem with the signal. As to whether or not it is regional I'm not sure...I always thought it was Sky trying to mess up the picture!

I was watching Sky sports last night while listening to the Villa game on the radio.
On my Projector, the picture was horrendous, really blurry and even blocky at times :thumbsdow
It's the only time I've seen a bad pic on the setup.
It's certainly not a Tvdrive issue, because I was using the second box in my bedroom.
I'm convinced it's SKY saying "well, you ought to get SSHD".

warrej said:
Yes I thought it was pretty bad too. Buffalo, you seem to have a pretty good knowledge of Telewest - do you work for them? Do you know if this problem is being taken seriously by the technical department, as this issue has been around for years? Although I'm very happy with cable, this is the sort of issue that might push me over to the dark side at the end of my contract if it isn't resolved.
Maybe:rolleyes:

Yes, it is.

Just put on channel 5 to watch Newcastle match.The picture is dreadful. Switched over to terrestrial digital, just as dreadful.
Could it be that the Sky football problems reorted are down to Sky, not Telewest.

WGLOVER said:
Just put on channel 5 to watch Newcastle match.The picture is dreadful. Switched over to terrestrial digital, just as dreadful.
Could it be that the Sky football problems reorted are down to Sky, not Telewest.

Thought it was just me. Had TV Drive installed yesterday and was disappointed with Channel 5 football, although the built in freeview was slightly better but still not right - I'll wait till Match of the Day before knowing how good it is.....

As ive already posted on previous thread.....Sky Sports Thru TW is AWFUL..

constantly going in and out of focus.......

ALL OTHER CHANNELS ARE FINE....ITS ONLY SS & PREM PLUS....

Apparently this problem has been ongoing for over 2 years, so the chances of getting a resolution are slim to say the least....
This is BAD BAD BAD ..........Im off back to Sky me thinks

Brian

tofwings said:
As ive already posted on previous thread.....Sky Sports Thru TW is AWFUL..

constantly going in and out of focus.......

ALL OTHER CHANNELS ARE FINE....ITS ONLY SS & PREM PLUS....

Apparently this problem has been ongoing for over 2 years, so the chances of getting a resolution are slim to say the least....
This is BAD BAD BAD ..........Im off back to Sky me thinks

Brian

Could not be further from my experience, which makes me think it's an issue with your specific setup rather than TW in general.

I've had this problem too and discussed it here before - see the thread called "Poor picture quality".

Sky Sports 1 used to be as bad, but since buffalo2102's post on the above mentioned thread it seems fine. The games today on sky sports 1 were excellent quality.

Premplus and Sky sports 2 still horrendous.

It is defintely not down to TV or set up. I have TVDrive with a 42"plasma connected by HDMI and the problem occurs. In another room, have standard set top box connected to an old Toshiba CRT through scart and exactly the same problem occurs (although not quite as noticeable, no doubt due to the screen size and poorer quality tv).

To me this is a really serious issue as I watch Sky sports and Prem Plus more than anything else and I agreed with an earlier post that it does do your head in - it makes my eyes feel tired and sometimes feel headache coming on.

I hope TW are taking it serious or I'm off back to Sky.

Re - andythescientist.........

Plesae explain to me how it can be my setup, as ALL OTHER SPORT ON ANY OTHER CHANNEL IS PERFECT.......BBC FOTBALL NOT BLURRING ITV FOOTBALL NOT BLURING C5 FOOTBALL NOT BLURRING.......The only channels i get blurring and losing focus is SS and Prem Plus....
I REPEAT....ALL OTHER CHANNELS ARE FINE

ANNOYED and Hacked Off

BRIAN

Setup......Panny PX60 42"...Denon 3801 Amp....TV Drive connected via HDMI
(have tried 3 diff cables ).....

re:andythescientist

I have this problem on the PremPlus. IT DOES NOT HAPPEN ON ANY OTHER CHANNEL AT ANY TIME.(I don't have another Sky Sports channel)
Two years ago I had PP and it was happening then!!! It was a different TV & digi box to what I am using today. I have recently upgraded to the TV Drive & a 42" Panny HDTV Plasma (42PX60) The TV Drive is connected via HDMI. You can see what the rest of my equipment is on my signature.
I am convinced that the problem lies with the feed that TW get from SKY and I am currently in communictions with TW at the moment to try and sort this problem out.
I will let you know the outcome

stupot43

Anybody watching the Monday Night Football at the moment? I also usually suffer from the "in and out of focus" problem but so far tonight it has remained resolutely in focus.
Dare we hope that it has been fixed??
Cheers

Neil

rober48 said:
Anybody watching the Monday Night Football at the moment? I also usually suffer from the "in and out of focus" problem but so far tonight it has remained resolutely in focus.
Dare we hope that it has been fixed??
Cheers

Neil

The picture on Sky Sports 1 is fine now. I was watching MNF last night and picture was great. It never used to be like that until a couple of weeks ago. Whatever TW have done to fix this, I hope they do the same to Prem Plus and Sky Sports 2.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom