sky sports blurred?

vince_vega

Prominent Member
Reaction score
hi, i am just watching the rugby on sky sports but the picture keeps going blurred! I have noticed this before but i just dismissed it, but now its getting on my nerves! I have just reported it to telewest and they are sending an engineer round on monday to take a look at it. Has anyone else had this problem before and if so how has it been fixed?? 20 odd quid a month for a premium channel that keeps going blurred.... well done telewest!!

Hi vince_vega

This has been happening for a few years on the sky sports channels on telewest and it has never been fixed or solved it isnt the box because ive had 2 pace boxes and now have the tvdrive box and still get this problem but only on the sky channels no other channels are affected.

If the engineer solves the problem please let us now but i think its down to sky and not telewest tbh but i may be wrong.

thanks for the reply but there must be a reason. I might ring them up and try to get sky sports for free!!!!!:D

Ok......I find this post really disturbing....i havent signed up for Sky Sports yet..
I was waiting to hear if SS would be in HD......
Having recently switched from sky, (for the world cup in hd ) i had sky since its inception and never had a problem with SS...... Now if the sports chanells are indeed blurry and it has been a long standing problem then i will definatley be going back to sky .......whats the point in having all this high tech equipment if im going to recieve an inferior picture....honestly it is beyond belief....
With each day that passes im becoming more and more disgruntled with TW....what with the 4:3 issue , the slow menus, and now possible blurry pictures............its looking like i gotta part with 400 quid....

Brian

ps..if TW visit these pages then this topic should be a sticky....they need to get it sorted....

I've had sky sports for 2 years and never had a problem with blurring on TW at all.

I too have noticed this and last night I could actually skip between the TW broadcast via HDMI and Sky's broadcast via RGB Scart (my Sky sub is still active till 27 July) The TW picture was definatley softer and slightly blurred,in fact I ended up watching the whole game on Sky.I don't know what the reason is for this but they should get it sorted asap otherwise I can see myself switching back to Sky in the not too distant future.

vince_vega
What has this got to do with Telewest HD?
peahead, nail on the head!;)

weird or what ive got telewest coming round today for the same problem at 4 o clock ill let you know what happens.:smashin:

look at my sig cable monkey........... tvdrive

Had the tw man come round just now about the this problem and this week hes decided that its my tv's fault last week it was sky doing it on pupose so i chucked him out the window cause the whole situation is getting on my nerves.I then phoned telewest back to moan luckly a man answered yes a man cause every time i phone i get a woman who says "oh its frezzing and blocking" which i then put down the phone,but the telewest man understood what i was saying and said it was not on and they had wasted alot of my time so he called customer care on behalf of me and got me a 3 month refund on sky sports and was to send network people out to fix this otherwise they would have to refund me every mouth untill it was fixed.He also pointed out that if telewest are not getting there money they will put in more effort to fix the problem hence the refund.He will be calling me first thing monday to tell me when the network guy is coming to fix the problem.
I will keep you all updated.

(ps no hard feelings on the woman thing its just that they dont have a clue at tw):hiya:

Didnt think it would get fixed i dont think they now how.

vince_vega said:
look at my sig cable monkey........... tvdrive

The problem has been reported for years, well before TVDrive. It is not HD and is by no means limited to TVDrive. In fact if anything TVD's superior picture quality makes it all the more obvious when it is hapenning. Nothing will be gained by making stickies here. It will be by reporting the problems to TW and allowing them to pursue the problem through the correct channels on their own network or with Sky, wherever the 'problem' may be. atko has percevered and hopefully will get a result. What would be useful would be to post here when the problem is seen, what channel and what TW area/franchise you are in. That sort of information is priceless and would help isolate the problems.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom