Sky Splitting Question

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Harlequin99, Jul 15, 2005.

1. Harlequin99

Harlequin99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was just enquiring about a thought I had and would it be viable in anyway. My idea was to replace the single LNB on my existing box with a quad LNB and then run one line to my existing box, which then leaves me three of lines left.

Is it possible to run them into a capture card and setup a Sky+ copy box and still receive the full range of channels as my sky box receives now. with the spare 4th signal run it into a seperate room and watch a different sky channel there. Acting like multiroom but how would I get the same range of channels. In a sense having to 'duplicate' my sky card in the existing box.

It probably doesnt quite make sense what Im saying but any help would much be appreciated.

2. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    You can't receive Sky on anything other than a Sky or Sky+ box. Sounds like you need Sky multi-room, where you buy an extra Sky or Sky+ box, and get a second card which mirrors the channels you get on the first box. The multi-room package will cost you an extra £10 a month.

3. Harlequin99

Harlequin99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yeh I know about multiroom just wandering if I could put it into a skybox feed it through into media centre sort of thing but wandering how you duplicate the card.

4. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    You can't legally duplicate a Sky card.