Sky Special Access Team (also know as Special Heights) FYI

The original installer couldn’t do it due to height issues. He can only do easy access dishes that are below the height of the second floor on a house unless there is some kind of flat roof. My dish is on the chimney which is above the top of roof on a two story house. Sky called me later to arrange for the Special Access Team which as weeks off. However when you track your order on your account you can re schedule the visit. By doing that at around 1am-2am earlier visits do sometime come up and I managed to move my install by nearly three weeks by doing a few re schedules. It will only give you slots for the Special Access team who come with two people. Once your property has been linked with them you will get them for ever.

smiler30

To be honest it sounds like the engineer fobbed you off as the majority of us are trained to work on standard roofs, there is some that have not gone through the training recently due to the current situation but most are.

No. The team that came said that there was no way that a single installer would be able to do the job,. The guy that originally came was happy to install a new dish at the rear of the property and run cables 80 meters to our front room through two fire places but it would take two hours. I was not happy with that so declined. Where the original dish was was perfect for a fab signal.

rossyl

Flipping heck, I arranged for the Special Access team to come out 3 times, every time the person who turned up said "you need the special access team"

I figured that they are a myth

No they are real. I was unsure too about if they would come out so I phoned Sky. On their prompt I said I was seeking to upgrade to SkyQ and after 20 minutes I got through and they confirmed the Special Access team.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom