Sky Speak Surf See Package

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by derekn, Apr 30, 2007.

1. derekn

derekn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    On the back of this weeks' Radio Times there's an ad for the above package which makes no mention of Sky HD. I called Sky and was told that if I added £5 to my current £47 sub I could have Sky 8mb broadband and Sky Talk. I imagine they forgot to mention a BT line rental charge of £11, but even so, this is cheaper than my current Sky (£47), Talk Talk (£11) and Virgin Broadband (£15) charges.

Has anyone successfully put all their eggs in the Sky basket?

Regards,

2. usenetz

usenetz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +144
    Yes, me (no regrets), and lots of others. See skyuser.co.uk

3. breadbun

breadbun

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
    Yes. Plenty of teething problems and billing/communication issues, but no deal-breakers for me. Service works as advertised and I feel as though I'm getting a bargain... which makes a change!

4. richard plumb

richard plumb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,054
    is the broadband ok? I heard some scare stories about locked routers which you can't change, and dodgy customer service. Sorted out now?

I'm in an easynet area so should get at least the same as my current Demon bandwidth, and saving £20 a month isn't to be sneezed at

5. breadbun

breadbun

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
    The routers are indeed 'locked', in that the username and password for the account is hard-coded into the router. There are ways and means of circumventing this, but you do have to initially start out with the Sky router. Its free so nothing to lose in that respect. As for the customer service, it is probably as bad as you suggest, but I have found that once everything is up and running, then the line is ok, very fast, does what its supposed to do. I would have reservations about giving it a complete thumbs up as it is totally dependant on the quality of your line and your distance from the exchange. However, if you know that your line is pretty good, eg. if you are already coming from a MaxDSL enabled line that had no problems, then I think you will be fine.

6. Accylad

Accylad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +318
    I changed over to $ky broadband a few weeks ago and have had no problems at all :smashin:

7. Nightsun

Nightsun

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As long as you don't need to talk to any of the numpties in customer support it's a very good service, does what it says on the tin and at a very good price.

Beware though, by taking up the broadband offer you are effectivly tying yourself into a new 12 month TV contract as well, as you can't have broadband without TV, and the minimum contract time for the broadband is 12months....as I found out recently when trying to cancel my TV.

8. colham

colham

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    I'd agree with that. Heard some horror stories, but mine has been excellent from day one (touch wood). Avoid CS, and you'll be fine :D

9. breadbun

breadbun

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
    I am sure the CS isn't ALL that bad... but... due to the fact that it is completely random as to the level of knowledge of the person you end up speaking to, it ranges from being a totally frustrating experience to just a mildly frustrating experience! :)

10. Nightsun

Nightsun

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Oh it is is, the stories I could tell having just moved house :(

11. WATTS

WATTS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    I have signed up to to the complete package which is:
    SKY HD, Multi room Sky+, Broadband Max (16MB) Unlimited, and Sky talk.

I gave up waiting for Talk Talk who i hate with a purpose might i add!! :mad:

for the 16MB broadband thats unlimted i pay £10 a month which is actually the cheapest for this speed of connection anywhere.
    I also pay £5 for the phone package which gives me free calls 24/7 to local and national numbers and International numbers (which is handy for the mrs as her mum lives in spain).

I go live on the 9th of May (14 days from order to activation) :clap: which is good considering i have been waiting for broadband from talk talk for over 3 months listening to their lies.

In total my costs are about £72 a month for all the above with all sky channels apart from sports.

Im happy! :smashin:

12. WATTS

WATTS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    You want to try Talk Talks customer service then, it just doesnt exist except in asia and they dont have a clue whatsoever.
    Even the Talk Talk sales team are full of s**t! (Salesperson = Lets Talk Talk B*llsh*t!).

Personally i have found Sky CS to be quite good.

13. breadbun

breadbun

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
    Eek! Not what I want to hear when I've just put my house on the market!

14. Nightsun

Nightsun

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Oh the house move was fine :thumbsup: It's getting service form my many "service" providers that was a joke :(