• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

SKY Spare LNBs

Puchchu

Standard Member
Hi All,

I have a SKY Dish with 4 LNBs, 2 of which are wired to my living room for SKY+HD and remaining two are connected and wired to to my each of the bedrooms. I have telly in my bedroom. Is it possible to connect thos to a standard freeview box and watch it on my TV in bedroom? How about connecting to a HD freeview box and watch iTV HD channe? Do I need two wires from Dish 4 connecting to FreeviewHD box?

Also, is it possible to conenct it to some satellite receiver and watch it's program? If so which one?

I want to make best use these spare conenctions without incurring too much cost or paying for SKY Multiroom!

thanks

Broadz

Distinguished Member
I think you are getting confused between Freeview and Freesat.

Freeview is only accessible through a TV aerial - not through a satellite dish. And there is no such thing as Freeview HD.

Freesat is only available through a satellite dish - and uses the same satellite services as Sky, so a satellite dish which is currently picking up Sky TV services will also be able to pick up the Freesat services on its spare LNB connections. Either Freesat or FreesatfromSky.

ITV HD is only available on a Freesat HD box. C4 HD is only available on a Sky HD box (at the moment).

kenedin

Prominent Member
Hi All,

I have a SKY Dish with 4 LNBs, 2 of which are wired to my living room for SKY+HD and remaining two are connected and wired to to my each of the bedrooms. I have telly in my bedroom. Is it possible to connect thos to a standard freeview box and watch it on my TV in bedroom? How about connecting to a HD freeview box and watch iTV HD channe? Do I need two wires from Dish 4 connecting to FreeviewHD box?

Also, is it possible to conenct it to some satellite receiver and watch it's program? If so which one?

I want to make best use these spare conenctions without incurring too much cost or paying for SKY Multiroom!

thanks

A Freesat receiver ( not Freeview ) only uses one cable, including for ITV HD ( not much there, anyway!!) on the ITV interactive button. Freesat uses the same satellites as Sky, so if you want to use other satellites for a whole range of programmes not available on Sky or Freesat , you are talking about a lot of dosh for another receiver and, probably, a motorised dish.:thumbsdow

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom