1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky+ Sound Problems

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by FIL6S, Dec 9, 2004.

1. FIL6S

FIL6S
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Greetings all :hiya: ,

This is my very first post on this forum, so please help me out.

I was wondering if anyone has had any problems with connecting the Amstrad SKY+ box to an AV Receiver? For some reason I have to turn the volume up to around 30 on the receiver which is very loud compared to DVD and the normal SKY Box, which are watchable at around 15.

Also, has anyone had any problems recording on their Amstrad boxes? Sky Man is coming out on Monday, because since the installation last Saturday I have been unable to record/pause/rewind. Keeps telling me these options are not available. And yes I have activated my account.

Any help would be greatfully received, as I need ammo for when Sky engineer man comes to visit.

Cheers

2. FaxFan2002

FaxFan2002

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    With regards the record/pause/rewind - have you actually rung sky and activated these features? I had to ring and specifically activate these features they did it straight away. If you sky box is conenct to your normal telephone line (it is connected?!?!?) ring from a mobile and you check it when you are on the phone to them.

3. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    The full options of the Sky+ box are only activated if you are (a) paying the extra £10 a month or (b) you are subscribed to the required number of premium channels (I think it's 3). Either you are not doing one of the above, or if you are, Sky don't think you are.

4. FIL6S

FIL6S
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I rang Shy the day it got installed - They said I have activated everything needed, wait 2min to 4 hrs, if nothing happens call back. Well nothing happened so I called sky again. They then took me through the procedures, its is pluged into the Telephone connection, the package I am on is the sky family with movies so I qualify for the free Sky + Subscription thats all sorted. She then put me on to the Sky technical team - who made me reset the sky box and turn it back on. But no change, I was still unable to use any the Sky plus features.

Sky are the ones, calling on the engineer to come and fix it.

5. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,767
    Have you turned the volume up in the settings on the Sky+ box ?