Sky+ Sound Problems Update

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by alistair, Oct 9, 2003.

1. alistair

alistair

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just wanted to let people know I've spoken to a tech guy at sky today who has confirmed they are aware of a problem with sound on Prem 1,2 & 3. This was the first time I haven't been made to feel it was my fault not being able to plug in a scart lead (which I don't even use!). He told me they have a solution............... turn off the function in the sound settings! When I mentioned that I am not getting what I thought I was paying for he said that no compensation was being offered as they wanted to examine the extent of the problem before making an appropriate offers. That'll be no then.

2. Ian182

Ian182

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +100
    Have to agree Alistair........switching off Dolby Digital in the sound settings is not a "solution". My main reason for getting SKY+ was the chance to get movies in 5.1 - I won't be happy if this is the best they can offer, and I don't imagine a lot of other people will be either !
    You do seem to be able to fix it (temporarily) by powering the box off and back on again, but you soon get fed up of doing that !

3. nigelcraft

nigelcraft
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i dont seem to haev problems with 5.1 what has been the problem with it?

4. Bling Bling

Bling Bling

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Same thing happened to me tonight, no DD 5.1 on Sky Premier 1,2 or 3. Pro-Logic appears OK but I agree with Ian182, not exactly what I was hoping for........:(

5. Ken Kutaragi

Ken Kutaragi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Best way to solve it if it happens again is just to leave it on one of the premier channels (1,2,3) and don`t press anything on your remote and after around a minute it will come back on by itself. Saves having to unplug it everytime.

6. Deron

Deron

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    What my missus found was that if she pauses the picture and then presses play (2-3 sec delay) the sound is back.

If you press stop though (live tv) it goes.

Weird or what...