1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky+ : Sound Output to two devices?

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by ParmMann, May 26, 2005.

1. ParmMann

ParmMann

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    Hi all,

Another little quirk I'm having with Sky+

My setup:
    Sky+ (the Pace box)
    Pioneer PDP505XDE Plasma with Media Reciever connected to Pioneer PDP-S25-LR Swing Speakers
    Pioneer VSX-D814-S AV Reciever, connected to Mordaunt Short Premiere Plus system

Now...
    I have a SUPRA AV6 RGB only SCART going from Sky+ to Media Reciever, so I get a very good picture on screen.
    I have a VanDamme Toslink Optical cable going from Sky+ to AV Reciever, and I get very good sound through the amplifier.

However...
    I want to connect the Sky+ box to the Media Reciever in a way which enables me to get sound through the speakers attached to my plasma screen. The speakers are attached to the Media Reciever and I get sound through the normal channels, 1, 2, 3...and all the freeview etc.
    The SKY+ I presume is not giving sound cause it's connected via an RGB only Scart.
    I'd like to get sound through the Plasma speakers for day to day viewing, and then use the amp and the mordaunt shorts for Dolby Digital films and stuff whenever they're on.

Last but not least, since using this new scart, when I turn on Sky, it no longer automatically switches the Plasma to Input 1.
    Same applies to DVD player, since I started using a HDMI cable, the DVD player no longer switched to Input 3. Is there a way to set these devices to auto switch to right channel?

Thanks,
    Parm

2. derbyjj

derbyjj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    you can get matching sound from the phono plugs on the sky+ box. Only dolby prologic available though. Not sure what youe media box is or is capable of so cant sya wheteher you can select the video and audio source independantly

3. ParmMann

ParmMann

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
  4. Astaroth

Astaroth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95
    Easiest way is to get a fully wired scart cable and that would work fine

You may be able to run the video via RGB scart and then put the sound in by phonos but I note from your picture that the phono inputs are for input 2 but none of the scarts are input 2 so may not be able link the 2 up.

Another option would be to go for S Video and phonos but (a) RGB is arguably better than S Video and (b) may as well buy a fully wired scart cable as there will be little difference in cost

5. derbyjj

derbyjj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    GOT IT use your super high grades scart cable for rgb when watching movies via input 1 and use the dd decoder in the av amp. for normal sky viewing use the s video and phonos via input 2