1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky Sound From Only Left Chanel ?

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by MarkEmmett, Mar 26, 2003.

1. MarkEmmett

MarkEmmett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there I have just got Sky installed which was working fine but after about 3 weeks it has started to play sound from just the left chanel. I have gone into the setup menu and it is set to stereo I have checked the rca lead from tunner to amp and it was ok and the amp is playing stereo with outher sorces BTW the amp is a Marantz SR7300 any help anybody.

Thanks mark

2. Fernsehman

Fernsehman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As you are convinced that the connecting lead and amplifier are OK, that leaves the (unknown make/model) Digibox.

Try a reboot. If that doesn't help, try forcing a software download.

If that doesn't work, get Sky to replace it under warranty. Don't delay as their warranty service is allegedly crap.

3. adox

adox
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    are you sure you have the right source selected on the amp? i have the baby brother sr4300 and this can happen if a different source is selected on the amp by mistake.

4. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hi,

I had this exact problem, less than 24 hours ago. After checking my TV set, my VCR and my DVD player, it was NOT the Sky Digibox that was at fault.

The problem was simply a loose Scart lead from the back of my Sky Digibox that was causing me to loose the sound from one channel!

Double-check all your leads and wires, as more than likely that should cure your problem... unless you have a major home-cinema, satellite TV set-up with multiple speakers and surround sound, in which case the problem could be anything.

Hope that helps.

Pooch

5. MarkEmmett

MarkEmmett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for all your input have tried all these in an attempt to fix the problem but had no luck even swapped the input on the amp just in case it was a faulty input jack on the amp Anybody else got any more ideas before I call SKY .

Thanks Mark

6. bob1

bob1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +128
    I had this same problem a while back it turn out that a pin on the scart lead had been push back inside the plug, try a different lead it could be worth a try.

7. Fernsehman

Fernsehman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    But Mark originally wrote that he's using "an RCA lead" (you know - phono plugs) so the discussion about Scarts seems pointless. That's why I didn't bother to suggest "a loose Scart". That leaves the "tunner" at fault, unless he forgot to mention something that's relevant. I'm assuming that "tunner" means "Sky Digibox".

Fman

8. bob1

bob1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +128
    Your quite right i jummped in again saw the word scart and off i went.I connect everything to tv via scart then rca to the amp.

9. MarkEmmett

MarkEmmett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks to you all now working on both channels fault was the digi box.

Mark

10. Fernsehman

Fernsehman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So I was right again.

(And I'm modest, too):rolleyes:

Fman