Sky+ soon but.....

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Ozzie, Mar 12, 2006.

1. Ozzie

Ozzie
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi I'm geeting Sky+ installed on Sunday 19th, yeah I know a Sunday didnt believe it when I got that option, anyway got the £65 offer after reading these forums so thanks guys but he said my old digibox is mine to keep.

Now I want to put that one in the next room I already have a cable running through so will I be able to use that old digibox to watch the free channels or will I be only be able to see what the Sky+ box is showing?

Do I need to have a separate cable running from the dish? Sorry if I sound stupid but I am not paying for Sky+ and another £10 a month for multiroom just to watch the same channels I've already paid for!

I'll just have the free channels in the other room thank you very much. ;)

2. neilmcl

neilmcl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +292
    If you want your digibox to pick up the free channels on it's own then it needs it's own feed from the dish. You won't need to pay for multiroom if you're just planning on watching the FTA and FTV channels but you will probably have to cable it up yourself because the Sky installer won't do it, although you could try offering him a few quid on the side.

3. rickyb1974

rickyb1974
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Or you could just take an rf feed from the sky + box and watch any of your subscribed channels.

Use a magic eye to change channels from the 2nd room - obviously you won't be able to display a different channel in the 2nd room though.