1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SKY+ software upgrade changes

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by gtg60, Mar 29, 2004.

1. gtg60

gtg60

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    Since the last upgrade of my SKY+ software I notice now I can set SKY+ to rewind up to 60 mins (Hooray) and if I come in on a show that has already started and hit record it'll catch the whole lot of it from it's cache (Hooray too).

However, every now and then (usually if I've been twin recording) the red record light stays on after the program(s) have finished and the only way to get rid of it is to do a 'hard reset' i.e. plugging it out.

I'm not too bothered but just wondering if it's only me...

Keith

2. STOWITBELOW

STOWITBELOW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    You post may have just answered my post SKY+ haunted 2. I don't think it's just you.

3. gtg60

gtg60

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    Well, here's a new quirk, I was looking at the Sky+ planner and in particular a movie I recorded a few months called Final Fantasy (I'll watch it some day, its long :rolleyes: ) and lo and behold when I press the 'i' button it no longer has the info for THAT movie but from 'About a boy', a movie that I recorded and erased about a month ago (so this may not be new).

Hmmm, weird....

Keith

4. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    There is a finite amount of codes that can be used to identify a program and sooner or later they are recycled. Therefore it isn't unusual that a recorded program kept for a few months might become labelled with EPG info that was different to when it was broadcast.