Sky software problems

HMHB

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
I've spoken to Sky technical department today as I'm fed up of resetting my receiver every other day because of the "program listings unavailable" message.
After having to endure the "switch off, make sure scart cables are secure blah blah blah" crap I finally got through to the girl that it was a problem that loads of people have got at the moment and it seems to have got worse since the last software update.
I was then put through to someone who actually knew something about the system and she told me that they know it's a software problem and they are looking to fix it in the next release.
Another problem I have just started getting is the slow movement through the channels on the program banner which sometimes doesn't move at all and other times skips through 2 at a time - she confirmed that this was also a software bug.

Glad to see that our increased subscriptons are being put to good use :rolleyes:

SKY subscribers put two and two together pretty damn quick. Software update = rash of new bugs, a pity SKY felt the need to treat us like idiots and suggest every stupid gimmick to solve the problem even suggesting people pay £65 to have an engineer sent out when they knew it was software (Which they own and are responsible for) all along.

I think they spend far too much time and effort (and our money) trying to get the interactive shopping part of the system done to the detriment of the part that I and most others are interested in - ie the program guide and usability. In other words they are more interested in making money out of the box rather than make it better for the users

Are you sure it isn't a weak signal problem? In my experience when your signal is degraded the 'listings' are the first things to disappear/slow down.

Just a thought.

Originally posted by Lex
Are you sure it isn't a weak signal problem? In my experience when your signal is degraded the 'listings' are the first things to disappear/slow down.

Just a thought.

My signal level has never changed as far as i can see and get this problem all the time.

No - I've checked my signal and it's ok. It's a problem that is very common since the last update.
The sky guide is now unusable for me - I'd rather go back to the magazine so I can at least see what's on without having to reset and then wait ages while it pages through the listings - which are only ever going to be 7 days in advance anyway. This is totally useless if you go away for a fortnight

Sorry about this but sky really wind me up by the way they treat their loyal customer

If you go into the tv guide on sky and flick through all of the pages you will not have any problems with banner listings, it seems to download everything and sorts the problem out.

Ok mate I'll give it a try

I've had the same problem for a while now my sky digibox is one of the first to come out (October 1998) and i thought my box was one the wane, but as sky have recognised the problem i look forward to the fix!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom