1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky & Sky+

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Frazal666, Dec 28, 2004.

1. Frazal666

Frazal666

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello, just wanted to ask if the normal sky box has optical or coaxial out, or is it only Sky+? Also, if I have sky multiroom without Sky+, What will happen to the old box when I do get Sky+? Will they take the old one, and how much will it cost(Up Front & Monthly)? Thanks in advance.

2. jammyb2004

jammyb2004

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +113
    i think that its only sky+ that has optical out. but i recall a sky box having it also. do a search for it in threads.

we had sky before sky+ we then kept the box and put it in another room and the sky+ box took over the old box's location.

if u mean u have 2 sky boxes and upgrade one to sky+ i'm guessing you'll keep both sky boxes but only use one of them (unless you decide to have sky+ and 2 sky boxes (kinda cool idea!) i think we're payin something like £40-£50 a month for the 2 boxes here. but thats everything and filmfour.

jammy

3. Frazal666

Frazal666

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Could you check please if it has optical out? I want to see if it is worth getting sky multiroom, and then get sky+ Later, or if I should just wait. Thanks.

4. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    The Sky boxes made by Sony had optical out. No Dolby Digital though.

5. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    SKY+ has an optical (toslink) audio output, there was two SONY digiboxes that also had an optical output but they did not carry DD5.1 via that output and both have long since been discontinued.

If you are considering multiroom then having SKY+ as one of the boxes should be a given, seriously:)