Sky & Sky+ Sky 160+ abroad

L

ladypickers

Could anyone please advise me whether Sky & Sky + works in Australia. We have a subscription here in the UK but wonder if I take my box and card to Australia if / when we emigrate but continue payments from our UK bank account will it work down under or are they likely to cut me off. If not what are the options if I want the Sky package, we've got to have UK TV :). Obviously all the times will be out.....with the 9 or 11 hr difference

No it will not work at all. You have to be able to see the astra satellite at 28.2 degs east. It will not be that bad though as they have high definition in oz.

Good luck on your move

The only way you'll see UK TV in Oz is to get some rellies to send you videos.

thanks guys, very dissappointed, is it because of Oz's position you cant see the satalite.

You could always send your own satellites up to receive the signal that sky send to the astra satellites and beam it across to another satellite over oz. Only cost you a few billion!

ladypickers said:
thanks guys, very dissappointed, is it because of Oz's position you cant see the satalite.

Yes it is. Even if you could see it, it wouldn't be of much use, because the signals are beamed to Europe.

There are some members from OZ on these boards, maybe start a new thread asking about SKY equivalents out there
atb
JS

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom