1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SKY/SKY+ Question

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by ryanos, Sep 16, 2003.

1. ryanos

ryanos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi all,

I am having Sky plus installed at the weekend but was curious to know if I am unlucky like some of you guys have been with thr V2 box then is it straight forward just to swap over my 4.5 yr old Panny digibox if the V2 has to be replaced etc or is the set up totally different?..................its just that I can't be without my footie!!! and i'm starting to panic after reading some of your posts...

Cheers:)

2. james payne

james payne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    When your new Sky+ is installed the installer will then ring Sky to activate your card, and send a signal to activate the recording functions.

I'm not sure about the cabling, however i'm sure it's just a case of unplugging the Sky+ leads and then plugging one back into the old digibox. It may be worth running the scenario past the installer.

The only problem i see with what you're asking is, if the Sky+goes wrong and you plug your old digibox back in, the viewing card what was in the Sky+ would not be married up to your digibox. Sky marry each card up with a certain box to stop people from taking their card round to their mates so he could watch the football.

Saying this though, i have heard where people ring Sky and ask them over the phone to marry the card up with a certain box. This can be done, and it's been done before.

Just a thought but have you considered having the mirror sub for £10 and having your digibox relocated. This way, if you do have a problem with the Sky+ V2, you could always still watch the footy on the other TV.

3. ryanos

ryanos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Ta for the reply James.... I have considered the other box option but me and the old woman would lead even more seperate lives than we do now and while for me thats a good thing I don't think she would see it quite the same as I do:laugh: